Monday, June 3, 2013

T-119 Days

I'll be transferring my current blog over here from tumblr for family members who don't have tumblr accounts, so pay no attention to the fact that the dates don't add up at all, they will after the third post.

___________

So by my count it is exactly one hundred and nineteen days until I leave for New York, and therefore about one hundred and four days until I leave for London.  Today I completed my file at the Study Abroad office, so baring financial/visa/schoolwork issues, I am all set to go. 
I spent around an hour today looking at the accommodations in Swansea and wondering when the heck I’m going to find out how I go about doing all of that.  If I don’t hear anything by about the twenty seventh of May I’m going to just start the application process for dorms there.   I really don’t want to end up in some smelly old apartment where I can’t meet anyone. 
At this point I’m beginning to get nervous about getting a visa, but I’m going to try and sit on my hands until the beginning of June.  I should probably remember to ask at the orientation…
Speaking of, the official Study Abroad Orientation is this Saturday from eight in the morning till one in the afternoon, because apparently they want us to wake up really early on the saturday before finals.  Maybe they’re sadists.  I don’t know.  I hope they spend a hefty amount of time talking about visas. 
Today I had an interesting revelation: I’m going to be turning twenty five while I’m in Wales.  I guess there are worse places to be when turning 25… overseas… pursing a dream… but away from everyone I know and love.  That’s going to be tough. 

I guess at this point I’m trying to hide the fact that I really don’t have very much to talk about yet, or that its one in the morning and I have class tomorrow.  Well… maybe I post again on Saturday after the orientation.  I’m hoping to be posting only occasionally until I go, just updates and exciting news and whatnot, though I hope to be posting more often once I’m there.  Welp… until saturday then.

No comments:

Post a Comment