Sunday, September 8, 2013

T-4 Days; FOUR DAYS

It’s nighttime.  Things are advancing.  I am leaving for another country in four days (three really, and really not for another week or so, since I have a stop off in New York for a few days first).  I'm literally bursting with excitement, which is mostly manifesting in tears and a bad stomach ache and a bit of a headache, which is a bit inconvenient.

I won’t go into details, but apparently accommodations has been emailing the wrong address, which means I'm not in dorms after all.  After  a bit of searching, I think I’ve found a place in the Brynmill area.  Don’t ask me how to pronounce it, I have no idea,  but I'm leaning towards “brimmel or “brin-mill,” so I'm just avoiding saying it aloud until I arrive and have someone explain it to me. 

Anyway, the room is a really good size in a good area, and the landlord seems very official, so I'm crossing my fingers it isn’t a scam.  Also crossing my fingers that any and all roommates I have are decent people, though my room is so big I can probably just hide in it.  I think the most frustrating thing is knowing that I bought those damn shower shoes and I have no reason to bring them now.  I also am going to have to do a bit more shopping than anticipated, but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.  I think the saddest thing is knowing that I won’t be within walking distance of “The Wonky Sheep,” though I’ll get over that one quite quickly. 

There’s been a bit of family drama, which is to be expected in my family, but still is annoying to deal with right before I leave for another country for a year.  Anyway, bad news aside, I'm having ridiculous fun getting everything ready.

New jeans, one pair of non-jeans trousers (I must remember to call them “trousers” and not “pants”), a new top, and new shoes- so many new shoes!  A book light, power converters, all kinds of good things.  I love shopping.  I'm hoping I'm booked solid for the next few days with preparations and seeing people before I go, though I'm terrified things will fall through and I’ll be all alone. 

I had my going away party this weekend, which wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.  We got waaaaaay too much food, but other than that, it was fine.  We had champagne in a park with little baby chocolate eclairs and good times were had by all.  Tomorrow I should be having lunch with a friend, then dinner and hangouts with another friend, and then tuesday begins official freakouts.

And I won’t lie, one of the things I'm looking forward to the most is getting to the end of my title countdown.  T-4 days, guys, are you ready?  I AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment