Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wind Wind Wind Wind!

So much wind!

Actually not really, not today.  We did have a really random downpour around midday, but other than that today has been quite clear.

But yesterday!  Yesterday it took me twice as long as usual to walk to class because I was battling the wind and sleet.  I looked and felt like a marshmallow, plus I had all of my materials with me so I could spend the day studying in the library.  I took a cab home.

And the day before yesterday!  It was bright blue skies and a comfortable little breeze.  The rest of the United Kingdom is basically underwater right now.  Go home, Swansea, you're drunk.

Anyway, this is what I actually was going to share with you.  I've let you see the prettier side of the beach near my house, now can see the truly terrifying side. Click this link to see a freaky video of the wind.


3 comments:

  1. Clickee the link, its a video that explains it much better than I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali,

    That was an awesome video of the beach and that incredible sand flying so extremely hard and fast. I have been watching the BBC news on the storms. Glad to hear you aren't under water. Hope you don't have to do the cab rides for much longer. But sounds like that walk just wasn't safe. Keep as dry and safe as possible. Guess you will have to skip the beach walks for a bit.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete